Google Adsense

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Band

Back in 1960-61 I was a member of the Mesquite High School marching band. It became one of the bands that was invited to march in the "Rose Bowl Parade", that year. As you know the "Rose Bowl Parade" is an annual event that precedes the "Rose Bowl Game" each year. We beat out all the other marching bands in the State in competitions and were invited to participate. I doubt if there are many members still out there, since I know of several who have passed on. I invite the one's still alive to comment and leave some of their memories for me to post.  Below is a picture of the front page of the "Dallas Times Herald Sunday Magazine", showing our band as we were getting prepared to make out trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 26, 2024

5