Google Adsense

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Oh My, Rain!

Wow, it finally happened, the rain came.  Yesterday evening as I sat here at my computer, I heard something that sounded odd.  By odd, I mean the sun was out and the clouds in the sky were white and billowy, with no indication of a chance.  I reached over and pulled the blind on the window to the side enough to look out.  Sure enough, there was rain dripping off the roof down on to the air conditioner in front of the window.  It lasted a few seconds, stopped and a few minutes later it started again.  This time it was coming down hard, knocking leaves off the trees and kicking up the dry dust on the ground when it hit.  This lasted about 10 minutes, and then it was over as fast as it came.  During the shower, I ran out on the front porch and placed my pot plants out so they could get washed and a good drink of fresh rain.  Oh, I also did not go out and roll up my car windows!  I let it rain right in, so as not to scare the nice rain away. :)  The leather seats will dry, with the heat and wind that's blowing around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 26, 2024

5