Google Adsense

Friday, February 21, 2014

Church?

 Well, times keep changing and things change.  This was the First Baptist Church back when I was a girl.  In fact I was baptized in this church back then.  I sang in the choir, and sat while Brother Cole preached many sermons to us.  His wife and Mrs. Hughes were the one's who supplied our musical accompaniments, when the choir performed during services.  I remember singing special music several times as they played.  The organ and piano always as to a choir's music.
 I remember sitting on the edge of those planter walls after church many times watching the people come or go after services.  
Today, it has been transformed into "C.F. Goodwin" Library, and that's better than it sitting vacant, like many churches are doing these days.
How many of you went to this church years ago?  Do you have memories you would like to offer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

March 26, 2024

5