Google Adsense

Thursday, October 24, 2013

It's Over

The "State Fair of Texas" came and went without a hitch this year.  We are glad for that because in recent years, you have seen disasters happen to mar the occasion for "Fair" goers.  The last year has shown us what can be done when this type of thing happens.  "Big Tex" burning and being rebuilt has been one to take us aside and show us that tradition is special to many people.  At least he's back and no one got hurt from the disaster.  Other times, there were accidents which cause injuries and death to some of the people enjoying the amusement  rides.  Tragic as it was, the Fair managed to get on past these times and survive the trauma.  I haven't been to the Fair recently and it seems as I get older the walking of the vast area gets even me down and tires me out.  I noticed that the exhibits aren't as exciting as they once were and maybe that's the part that keeps me from going.  My age is taking the fun out of the partaking in vast games, exhibits and exotic foods.  Now, that the time has come and gone for the year, we look toward the coming holiday's and hope for much needed family times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 15, 2024 Out in the Garden/yard